Ernst Schnabl 16" Viola
The Ernst Schnabl workshop operates in the time-honored tradition of the late 19th century European workshops. Chisels, knives, and scrapers, in the hands of outstandingly gifted craftspeople, are the primary tools used to create these modern instruments. These techniques impart each instrument with a beautiful voice and appearance that can only be achieved by hand.
Ernst Schnabl creates two models of viola, the â€œBelliniâ€ and the â€œSarasateâ€. Each model has its own unique tonal qualities providing todayâ€™s string players quality instruments at affordable prices.
- Hand carved from quality tone woods
- Spruce top has an even medium grain
- Book matched two-piece quarter-sawn maple back of light, narrow to broad flame
- Ribs, neck and scroll are similar to the back
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs, tailpiece and button
- Hand applied spirit varnish lightly antiqued
- Quality maple bridge
- Enhanced set up
- Available in 15", 15.5", 16"
Model Name: Ernst Schnabl 16" Viola
Model #: LD301VA16
Series: 16" viola