Schott Hi D Bassoon
p>The modern Bassoon exists in two distinct primary forms, the Buffet System
and the Heckel System. The Buffet System is played primarily in France,
Belgium and Latin America, while the Heckel System is played in the
majority of the world.
The design of the modern Bassoon owes a great deal to the performer, teacher and composer Almenrader. He worked closely with the Schott Factory to develop new designs. Almenrader
left Schott to start his own factory along with partner Johann Adam Heckel.
The Heckel concern has produced instruments continuously to the present day.
Heckel System Bassoons are considered by many to be the best. The design of the Schott Bassoon is fashioned after the Heckel system.
- ABS body with matte wood-like finish
- German style bell(white ring)
- Key work made of nickel silver
- Whisper key lock
- Body lock
- Comes with both ring key and extended reach plateau key to allow modification for short or normal reach
- Rollers for right little finger F and Ab
- Eb and Db
- Two "C" bocals
- High D and E keys
- Includes premium plush lined hard case with cover
- 6-year warranty
Model Name: Schott Hi D Bassoon
Model #: BSN4